KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA, DELHI
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Delhi is the Farm Science Centre working under the aegis of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India. It was established by National Horticultural Research and Development Foundation (NHRDF) in February 1995 at Nafed Complex, V&P. Ujwa, Nazafgarh, Delhi -110 073.
KVK functions in accordance with the following mandates:
- Conducting “On farm trials” for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use systems.
- Organizing “Front Line Demonstrations” on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organizing trainings to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
- Organizing short and long-term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers and rural youths with emphasis on “learning by doing” for higher production on farms and generating self-employment.
- To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
KVK, Delhi is implementing various programmes viz On Farm Trial, FLD’s, trainings etc in accordance with its mandate in mission mode from its office cum Laboratory Building at Nafed Complex, Ujwa, Nazafgarh.
Host Institution: National Horticultural Research and Development Foundation
National Horticultural Research and Development Foundation was established on 3 November, 1977 by National Agricultural Co-operative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED) and its Associate Shippers of onion at Nasik (Maharashtra) and registered office at Pankha Road Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi. It is registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 at Delhi. It undertakes R&D work on export oriented horticultural produce, mainly onion. It is duly recognized as Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) since 1978 by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
For mandate, infrastructure, staff position, management and activities of NHRDF, the host institution.
Sponsoring Institution: Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India is providing 100% grants for KVK Delhi. For mandate, infrastructure, management & activity of ICAR.